Saturday 12 April 2014

Genri/Principles - Imashimeru

I trained at Aunkai tonight and realised that I have to be strict and stick to principles. In my training recently I have really begun to realise some key principles. However tonight when I did free practice my ego took over and I wanted to be aggressive and impress and I forgot my body principles. This is not practice and has no meaning.
This is why Akuzawa sensei spoke before about the importance of "imashimeru". Imashimeru means to tighten, control and discipline your mind, body and heart. When you you want to go crazy and use all your muscle you must control and use Bujutsu body movement principles only. Same with thinking, it must be always controlled and not let free to run wild.
Changes are only made though consistent daily implementation and action of an idea, nothing else works.

No comments:

Post a Comment