Saturday 1 March 2014

Spirit

I trained tonight at Aunkai and tried to focus on dropping and rolling my spine to adjust my hip position. This connects my arms to my hips and makes my hands feel heavy which helps in contact. Now I have to work on bridging to my opponent and the chuo/dantien to connect to my elbows outwards.

I wanted to write about spirit, what does this mean to Bujutsu. Do I have the right spirit? What is the right spirit. I have heard Akuzawa Sensei talk about spirit and in the end that's all it comes down too, it comes down to my spirit. I have also read other martial art masters who talk about the highest level is your spirit. Akuzawa Sensei once said to me that i the most important thing is to grab some of his spirit, so I can remember it if I am not training with him. That it should be enough to help me keep going and to continue to learn and develop.
I must seek that spirit.....

Determined
Brave
Kind
Compassionate
Open
Fierce
Uncompromising
Honest
Truthful
Forgiving
Calm
Disciplined
Flexible
Seek only the truth
Humble


No comments:

Post a Comment