Sunday 5 May 2013

Training Focus

I trained this morning in the park in Akasaka where I am living now,  a nice park,  old trees good shade and old trees very quiet.  I trained shiko, mabu, ten chi jin, front push, twist and the breathing chi king stances.  I focused on keeping my weight under, with the front of my body full, focused in the chuo(middle) axis and stretched,  so my backside of the body can be empty, free and loose and able to move more freely,  I need to open and relax the lower back,  if I am ever going to be able to attain Jutsu and issue power cleanly.

This brings me to a difficult point to work out in my mind.  Akuzawa sensei has taught in the class many exercises and forms with which to work with in our solo training.  Some he mentioned as being very important (mabu, shiko, Shintai jiku and ten chi jin) but he says all are important.  I think the key principles of Aunkai run through all the exercise and forms, but if those principles are not yet formed clearly in the body, then which forms and exercises should be focused on.  I always worry that if I focus on one form or exercise at the exception of all others,  that my development will suffer.  Conversely if I study all the forms and exercises will I be able to explore a movement deep enough that I actually start to understand a body principle.  This is a difficult question to answer and has always been a problem for me over my last 6 years training.  I think I need to trust myself to experiment and trust that my body,instincts  and training will lead me somewhere successful.  I have to ensure that I will get Jutsu,  not hope but to ensure that I will get it!  I need to think deeply about how I can do this - no easy answer.....

1 comment:

  1. "Faire confiance à son corps" et persévérer dans l'entrainement.

    Bon tanren Michael et bonjour au Japon!

    ReplyDelete